Whether you own a business or work in one, every company must test and tag electrical appliances and tools.
In 2000 new obligations were added to the Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Act to protect the health and safety of employees. These obligations include identifying hazards related to any electrical equipment, then, assessing these risks and either (a) eliminating or (b) controlling said risks.
Now, more than two decades later, with computers, servers, phones, external displays and phone chargers all hooked onto the same power board, employees are at risk more than ever of electrical hazards. But it’s not just employees. Employers who fail to act are putting their business on the line by cutting corners and not following the standards set out in AS/NZS3760.
With that said, if you have received a Provisional Improvement Notice from WorkSafe Victoria to remedy electrical contraventions or you need appliances tested, you will need the expertise of a test and tag company that ensures you meet your OH&S obligations.
But with so many test and tagging services on the market, you might have some questions, like:
- “Are there different types of test and tag companies?”
- “Which one is best to go with?”
- “Will I get a report after?”
- “How do I know if I’ll meet the regulations?”
Below, you will discover the answer to each of these questions so you can make an informed decision when you choose a test and tag company.
“Are there different types of test and tag companies?”
Generally, there are two types: ‘Man-with-a-van’ type operators and established professional companies. The first type are the lone wolves of the industry who perform a quick and dirty job. Once the job is done they vanish. The second type, established and professional operators, are: fully insured, have years of experience, can be former electricians, issue compliance reports once the job is done, and can help you make sense of complex OH&S and WorkSafe regulations.
“Do they need to be certified and insured?”
Yes. Always choose a test and tag company that is fully certified and is insured.
“Will I get a report after?”
A professional test and tag company like Anmar will provide you with a report after the job is completed. This report lists all items that were tested, current status, alerts and potential faults, and most important—the next test date. This ensures you are compliant and pass your next WorkSafe Victoria (WSV) inspection.
“How do I know if I’ll meet my OH&S obligations?”
Once you are issued with the job report, it is handed over to a health and safety representative from WorkSafe Victoria.
Don’t risk the health and safety of your business on fly-by-night operators
Sloppy work costs you more than just money. It can put your most valuable assets—your employees—at risk. That’s why when it comes to test and tagging you can’t take a chance on no-frills Gumtree operators and testers looking to make a quick buck and never to be seen or heard from again.
But when you go with Anmar Solutions, you have complete peace of mind. All of our technicians are certified, highly trained and armed with over 5 years’ in-field experience. But that’s not all, our team can tag everything from:
- Office appliances
- Power tools
- PC equipment
- Kitchen appliances
- Extension cords
- Phone chargers
- …and much, much more.
5 Reasons why Anmar Solutions is your ‘go to’ test and tag company in Melbourne
(1) Saves your business money. Test and tagging is only half the job, we also perform added series of tests that check the health and safety of your electrical equipment. Not only does this reduce the likelihood of electrical faults in the future but also saves you money by ceasing to run inefficient equipment.
(2) We speak your language. Technical jargon and legal requirements can leave you feeling overwhelmed, but our technicians are here to assist you with understanding what requirements your business or workplace needs to meet for compliance and eliminate WorkSafe Victoria penalties.
(3) Your partner in compliance. Everything we do is documented and recorded and we pass this documentation on to you. Plus, we’ll alert you when appliances are due to be test and tagged again. This means you will never face compliance issues again.
(4) We go the extra mile. We approach every job with a desire to provide a high standard of workmanship. No stone will be left unturned during our service and we’ll do everything we can to provide our customers with a service they’re happy with.
(5) 100% transparent. We provide a service you can rely on by operating with complete transparency.Our service is so comprehensive that you can go through us for all of your electrical performance and safety needs.
‘Penalty-proof’ Your Business From Hefty WorkSafe Victoria Fines
If WorkSave Victoria has served you notice for electrical hazards, then here’s three reasons why you need to call on Anmar Solutions to ‘penalty-proof’ your business:
1. Our expert technicians will examine all your electrical equipment by performing a series of exhaustive tests. All testing is performed in conjunction with the standards set out in AS/NZS 3760: 2010.
2. We use a top-of-the-line Portable Appliance Testers to test your equipment before providing each appliance with a unique barcode tag that is linked to our online database, after which you can use to check the status of your equipment at any time and its next test and tag date.
3. We provide you with a detailed report of your findings, which you can pass on to safety authorities to show that you have had your workplace investigated by electrical safety experts.
One Thing To Remember…
It’s important to remember that testing and tagging is about more than satisfying rules and regulations. It’s about keeping your workplace safe and ensuring that all of your employees get home to see their families at the end of the day.
Contact Anmar today, Melbourne’s test and tag experts. We’ll ensure you have a compliant and safe workplace for all involved.